Monday, April 30, 2012

The TR-808



I copped my Roland TR-808 drum machine in the summer of '86. I obtained it from Dan Peters the drummer of the grunge rock band Mud Honey. I remember talking to him one day mentioning I wanted an 808 drum machine and his exact words were "I hate those". He then informed he had one and would be more than happy to pass it along to me. I traded my 707 for it straight across. I stopped using it around the mid 90's where it ended up sitting on a shelf and collecting dust. I ended up selling it one day in 2000 when I needed some cash. It was one of the things I've always regretted. I figured I can get another one day and still plan on doing so but haven't yet. You can't keep everything you obtain during your lifetime but I'd suggest you try.

1 comment:

DJ B-MELLO said...

The 808 kick drum makes the girlies get dumb. It rattles their brain when they are on top of the woofers in the back of the blazer.